17 February 2014

A Soundscape


This short soundscape documents my experience in understanding and involving myself with the orchestra, from childhood to the near future.


The oboe has been my key to understanding and experiencing the orchestra.  I pulled it forward in my mind from among the din, and I spent time with it to the point where the instrument was able to reintroduce me to the orchestra.  I listen now with an understanding of each instrument as an individual like the oboe, part of a coherent whole.  I constantly look forward to being able to participate in orchestral humor among friends, and although I am still naive, I am no longer uninterested.  I openly make a mess of what I don't yet understand, always to see if I can make my musical friends smile.






PS:  The oboe is amazing and I love multiphonics, in case you were wondering.  :]


1 comment:

  1. I found this song to actually be quite relatable. My mom and I go to the MSO once in a while, as well. We both really love going to the different themed orchestra concerts there and I can really get lost in the music. I thought that portraying the different stages, so to speak, of the orchestra process was very clever and was more interesting than just creating an orchestra-esque song. It allows the listener to appreciate all aspects of orchestra music, even the not-so-appealing sound of tuning the instruments.

    ReplyDelete